Friday, November 18, 2011

How to: Wear Ankle Boots

When I posted my 'Fall/Winter Boot Collection: Ankle Booties' video on my YouTube channel, I had many of you write me and ask how to 'wear' Ankle boots w/skinny jeans/pants, etc and how to pair them and also asked if I could give some examples!! Here's is the link to that video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoikYs-FAYw&feature=channel_video_title


Here is a quick lil rundown on How-to: 'Wear Ankle Boots'


Pick out your ankle boots. Darker colors will work best, and you can never go wrong with black. Slouchy, flat ankle boots with a round toe will create a cute, younger hipster look. Short cowboy styles with a pointier toe and a very low heel will create a more urban, sleek vibe. For a foxy fashionista look, go for pointy, high-heeled styles.


Pair your boots with the right skinny jeans. Do not choose jeans with a waistband that is so tight, your skin bulges over the top. (Go up a size if you have to.) A higher-waisted skinny jean can be very flattering.


Choose the right shirt. Skinny jeans and flat, slouchy boots look best with a tunic or a longer, billowy shirt.


For a more urban, edgy look, pair the sleek, cowboy-inspired ankle boots with modified vintage T-shirts and vests, short leather jackets or vintage-look blazers.


Stick with classic black, white, silver and gold if you're wearing high-heeled ankle boots. Think super-trendy, and look for belted tunics and off-the-shoulder tops/sweaters.




Here are a few 'Ankle Boot looks' that I love...Enjoy!!


































(Info and images found on Pinterest.com & Google.com)

24 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!! Ankle Boots are HOT and all those girls are rocking theirs!! Love Annabelle!!!

    http://hottheels.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. ankle botie with skinies is one of my favorite looks. it's chic and trendy. really like the way Leighton Meester styled it.

    :)
    Carrie
    http://readmylifeascarrie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for this post! I have a pair of really cute ankle boots sitting in my closet because I can't figure out how to wear them. You've given me some great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love wearing this kind. Great collection.
    vintage t-shirts

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love ankle boots! They r so chic! lovely blog..



    http://www.shellzdoll.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for posting this & fulfilling my request. Love you much!!! So glad you are back!!! smootches!!1

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love Paris Black Lace Up Ankle Boots. Lovely post Miss Cupcake. I need get a new ankle boots for this season since I need a brand new styling. Thanks and oh, nice pic you have too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post! I love your blog, following now :)

    xoxo, H
    http://givemeglamourplease.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your blog! Fabulous post. Follow each other? Please check out my blog : WWW.ANOBANOOO.BLOGSPOT.COM
    Thnx in advance:)
    Anobano

    ReplyDelete
  10. Omg, my first visit and I already know I am going to be back here. Really loved ur blog!

    http://wieneragnes.wordpress.com/
    http://stylemyclosetup.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey dear, u have really interesting posts. I like ur amaizing photos the most. Visit me when u chatch up some free time. xo xo

    http://fashymadness.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great post! I googled how to wear booties and came across your blog! I'm so glad I found it. All the pictures were super helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great, very helpful post! I found exactly what I was looking for. The pictures and examples were really helpful. I truly enjoyed!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love ur blog! Been trying to figure out how to use my boots!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Choosing the right pair of boots is crucial because you will be very uncomfortable and perhaps rather inconvenienced if you choose poorly.

    ReplyDelete
  16. youre very nice girl,..if you have any time please come to my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow fantastic dresses......awesome style and different look, i really like it so much, i will pass it to our friends. Hope you will keep up with this, thanks for sharing this all.
    Dress and High Heels

    ReplyDelete
  18. How Short girl can wear boots???
    Carolina

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, so much for your comments. I love reading them and hearing from you all!

XOXO, Gretchen